The Virginia Department of Health (VDH) has issued its December 2012 healthcare-associated infections (HAI) program newsletter, “Synergy: Combining Efforts for HAI Prevention.”
The newsletter contains information about the following topics:
- a summary of a recent Clostridium difficile collaborative webinar,
- HAI grantees’ meeting summary,
- information about National Handwashing Awareness Week,
- a discussion about surgical site infection (SSI) surveillance changes for 2013,
- a fungal meningitis outbreak update,
- information about Get Smart About Antibiotics Week,
- information about a new resident safety tool for nursing homes developed by the Department of Defense (DoD) and the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ),
- norovirus prevention tips, and
- information about bed bugs in healthcare settings.
The newsletter also provides access information for a new VDH toolkit on infection prevention resources for outpatient (ambulatory care).